Sigmund Freud and me

The News Verlag publishes an audio CD series called "Spuren" in which biographies of famous historical persons such as Mozart, Einstein, Heine, Marx, Brecht and Klimt are presented. My mother was given the edition about Sigmund Freud as a present by a colleague of hers and passed the CD on to me. I listened to it a couple of days ago, and I think I'll just tell you some of what I thus learned about Freud without commenting it any further:

Freud was always the best pupil in his class and "in bevorzugter Stellung", which means that he was examined by his teachers far less often than his classmates. He did not believe that it was his vocation to become a physician, neither before, during nor after his medical studies. That's why he needed a whole 8 years to complete his medical degree. (I don't know exactly, but I guess the regular study duration was 5 or 6 years back then. Nowadays it's 6 years.) His reason for studying medicine was his interest in human beings, and his aim in life was to do research and become one of the most famous scientists in the world.

Moreover, in the first 9 years of his marriage, his wife gave birth to 6 children. However, Freud himself originated from a family with a lot of children.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch