A dream!

I had a dream: I invented a new video game during this dream. And at the end of my dream, the background story appeared in my head, which will be displayed in the intro: "For thousands of years, Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu have been fighting for the rule of the world. So say the Zoroastrians. If Ahura Mazda wins, there will be eternal life for everybody. In order to make Ahura Mazda win, Dr. Claus D. Volko has revived Sigmund Freud, the explorer of the unconscious, to fight the dark creatures of unconsciousness."

The title of the game: "Sigmund Freud and The Power of the Unconscious".

The game (as I dreamt it) is a mix of beat-'em-up and jump'n'run. Combat scenes and platform scenes alternate.

I dreamt the protagonist changing shapes many times, and I saw virtually all sorts of knight-like sprites which I remembered from video games (Castle of Illusion, Wizards and Warriors etc.).

The fact that an interesting game concept has been born in a dream of mine is evidence for the theory that much of our creativity is due to the strange patterns the brain works in while we're dreaming!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch