State of mind

Yesterday's psychiatry lecture has awakened an emotional state which I haven't felt for years: It's hard to describe, it's kind of like that there's your destiny and that it's good. I recall that state from school, where it was clear that I was a good student, would remain such until graduating, and then I'd study at university. It's like identifying with what society expects you to do. I haven't had that for a long time since I never felt like a future doctor or so. But psychiatry is a subject that interests me and I could imagine becoming and working as a psychiatrist at least for some time. Now I suddenly felt the teacher speak to me about things that interest me because they will concern my future. And I realized how close I'm already to completing my studies! It's not really that much any more until the doctorate degree. With that degree, I'd have managed the most noble aim of "educated citizens", the highest academic degree there is. Who knows - after accomplishing this, I'll be really free!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch